Wish list: An Autumn wardrobe

 

 


haven’t done one of these in a while, but the seasons have changed, so I thought I would do something different too.

Despite being a summer baby, I’m definitely an Autumn/Winter person. Bright, crisp days; warm drinks; Autumn foiliage; and cosy clothes are some of my favourite things about my favourite season. 

So naturally, I have been looking for some Autumn essentials to fill my newly decluttered wardrobe. 

 

Here's what has been on my mind recently.


Boots, boots, boots


Last year I was after a burgundy pair and this year I’m going back to black. 


I actually ordered the All Saints ones in the Christmas sales, but the leather was so stiff, they were actually uncomfortable to wear. The soles were scuffed too, so they had to go back. 


I’ve been wanting a classic pair of chelsea boots for a while, but I can never find a pair that “spark joy” as Marie Kondo would say. 

  Leather Chelsea Boots, & Other Stories, £120


Every year, I try and fail to find a solid pair of boots that are comfortable and look nice. I end my search exasperated, decide I just need something to keep my feet warm and dry and settle for some faux suede, Ugg style snow boots that do neither. 




 Amy Leather Chelsea Boots, Anthropologie, £140

 

I’ve also been toying with the idea of a western style block heel, not because I’m a fan of the cowgirl look, but from a practical point of view. 

 

Mila Myth Black Combi Leather Boots, Clarks, £89


A little lift is welcome in rainy weather to help keep my abaya off the floor and from getting soaking wet. A block heel seems like it would offer the necessary protection, whilst being comfortable to walk in. 

 

Sooo, which ones, please??


Cotton cardigans

How hard is it to find a cream, 100% cotton, longline, relaxed fit, ribbed, cardigan with faux tortoishell buttons? Very, apparently, because I've been looking.I found one thanks to that website,  Shopstyle’, but it’s £1000!

 
 


 
 

The cream colour and the buttons are a nice detail rather than a necessity, but it’s the cotton material that I’m really after. 


Wool is not great for eczema prone skin, which I have. Although I would probably be layering over something full sleeved, I’d like the option of wearing with a t-shirt without risking irritation. 


A much more reasonable option is available in Cos (H&M’s demure older sister), but I prefer the navy colour way in this case (because of the buttons!).



 
 
I also saw an option by Paul Smith, but again -  no buttons and also a blend of cotton and nylon (hmph!).


 Another buttonless offering from Hollister and the most reasonably priced of all. 

 


 

           Easy Textured Cardigan, Hollister, £29

 


Maxi jumper dresses


I have been trying to find cold weather alternative to an abaya, not because they don't keep me warm (it’s all about what you wear underneath!), but because in rainy weather the hem always gets soaking wet.


A came across a sweatshirt dress on the Cos website which caught my attention. It does look like it might cling so I might have to go a couple of sizes bigger (it might still be form fitting for me)



Organic Cotton Sweatshirt Dress, Cos, £59


The merino wool maxi knot dress looks a little more relaxed but again the skin irritation factor makes me reluctant. 

 


Merino Wool Maxi Dress, £89

The models are 180cm and I'm 165cm, so I’m hoping these will come down to ankle length on me, or just above.

 

A crossbody with character

 

My Accessorise bag is still going strong and I still love it, but I wouldn't mind adding a pop of colour or some cheeky detailing to the mix. Especially since my wardrobe is mostly neutrals and basics.

 

Also, I feel in the interest of bag preservation it's good to have (at least) another crossbody on rotation with the Accessorise one!

 

I really love the colour of this Mulberry Darley satchel.

 

 

Small Darley Satchel, Mulberry, £495

 

 

So there you have it. The things I have been looking at. The last one isn't really a consideration, but this is a wishlist, so I can dream!





Comments

Popular Posts