My weekly wishlist - flawless skin and tailored trousers



Good skin and hair goes a loong way. When you've been feeling as disenchanted with modern fashion as I have, focusing on these two areas of your body is a sure fire way to make you feel better. I have been on the look out for products to top, tail and stuff my very basic make up routine with, without venturing too far from my comfort zone.

I recently took out a free trial subscription for the Readly app. It contains 4000+ magazines in one app and you can create 5 profiles according to your interests. It's got all the main fashion and beauty magazines like Elle, Cosmopolitan. Tatler, Harpers Bazaar, Vogue and many, many more.

It's been a great introduction to brands and products as well as a reminder of old favourites. I have seen a few items of clothing that have piqued my interest. Again with the oversized knitwear with slouchy denim for the day and smart trousers for the night. I think I am regressing as that was practically my uniform throughout my entire 20s.

After the free trial it's £9.99 a month, which isn't tooooo bad if you read alot of magazines. But if like me you are looking for some style inspiration but don't know what to search for, you can apply for a free trial and get inspired. 

Who doesn't want flawless skin? I have never been big on make up and my day time make up routine is basic on the point of primal. But I like the idea of an imperfection blurring primer to give you a smoother, more even base before applying the rest of your make up, which for me is a tinted moisturiser. A lot of the Benefit cult classics come in mini sizes, so you can get a decent try out of them before shelling out for the full size product. The mini POREfessional is £11

I've been switching up my skincare and opting for my brightening products to help lift my dry and dull skin. I've never really used highlighter before. I don't really know how to use it. But this Chanel 'glow stick' seems easy to use for untrained hands like me and promises to 'impart a subtle glow'. Since I don't really fancy looking like tin man and would prefer the 'lit from within' look, I think this would be a safe place to start in my first foray into the world of highlighters.

Again, with the white oversized white knitwear. I think this might be a new thing for me. I have avoided white in my wardrobe up until now as I’m incredibly clumsy and messy and tend to drop things on myself several times a day. So, I wouldn’t ordinarily opt for white clothing. But this just looks so incredibly cosy and I love the oversized design.


I totally forgot about Reiss. They have some lovely trousers in at the moment and I love these tapered ones with button detailing.  I think these would work well with the oversized jumper above but equally with a smarter top for a more polished look.

Comments

Popular Posts