My weekly wishlist - 'Proper' clothes



I mentioned last week that for the first time in a looong time, I feel like wearing ‘proper clothes’. For the best part of 2 and half years there has been very little difference between the clothes I wear during the day and what I sleep in at night. And I’m really quite fed up of it.  

It’s not that I don’t have clothes. I do. But none of them really (in the words of Marie Kondo) “spark joy”. Mainly because they don’t fit, but equally because they just don’t feel like me anymore. It has ended up becoming a vicious circle for me, because I restrict myself to wearing the same 5 or so items because I don’t like anything else. 

I went on a bit of a cupboard clearing frenzy and have managed to fill up one of those gigantic blue Ikea shoppers plus a couple of other bin bags with clothes I don’t want anymore. I think I will have to go through them again to ensure I haven't been too hasty. My cupboard is looking scarily bare. 

This week I tentatively stepped out of the darkness and into 2019 Autumn/Winter fashion to explore what was out there and if anything appealed. Cosy knits were the main focus of my searches as there is a distinctive frostiness in the air now. Did I come across other things during my traipses around the internet that piqued my interest? Of course!



I like all the little details of this jumper. The fluted sleeves, the dipped hem and the cable knit effect. They all add interest and lift this from being a regular white oversized jumper to something a little more interesting.  It also comes in rust.



The gold side poppers certainly make this jumper pop. I can’t decide whether I like the rust brown or black version of this better. It’s slightly shorter than I would like as I usually tend to go for longer length tops, so I see myself wearing this with slouchy denim or cords.




This caught my eye as a ‘smart coat’ option, but I like how they’ve styled it casually showing it’s versatility. Does check ever go out of fashion? I've always had a checked coat or jacket in my cupboard for as long as I can remember so it seems like it might be a seasonal staple to me.




Something has obviously deeply changed within me, because I would never normally go for boots like this. Heeled? Nope. Red? What! But I absolutley looove these. Burgundy leather makes a nice change from black or tan, which are the colours I tend to shop for in boots. I like how they are edgy but feminine and from the sole upwards have almost an Edwardian feel to them. These could probably work well with both jeans and a dress. I think I will keep an eye out for any reductions to these in the Black Friday sales.

 I'm all about multi-purposing at the moment. I feel like if everything you own can do more than one job, you'll reduce the number of things you own. And the less things you own, the less you have to manage, and the less you have to manage the simpler your life will be. 

I think I want this philosphy to extend to my wardrobe. Where every item can perform a dual function and can work well day or night.

I liked these items as individual pieces, but after seeing the pictures in one place  I think these could all work together. I just have to find some trousers or jeans that would go with these! 

Comments

Popular Posts