My weekly wishlist - A coat, a bag and a lipstick

A fairly pared-down and unfanciful wishlist this week. Well, I mean 2 out of the 3 things on here are still out of my price range, but in comparison to my fine jewellery list from last week, it's all very modest. 

I've been looking at ways to clamber out of the style rut I find myself in without have to splash out on a whole new wardrobe. As a stay at home mum to a pre-schooler, I have spent the best part of two years in pyjamas.

Now, I find myself wanting to wear proper clothes, but my existing wardrobe just doesn't seem like me anymore. Building a capsule collection takes time, thought and money, so I might park that and deal with it later.

Coats and bags seem like an easier place to start and the former in particular feels necessary given the time of year. I feel a little more free in my choice,  as for the past decade they have been dictated by what would keep me warm on my commute, fit a laptop and look professional. Now, I feel like I can have a bit more fun with length, colour and style.



Jennifer Faux Fur Bomber Jacket, Hush, £165

This bomber jacket from Hush is an interesting take on the Teddy coat trend. I like the contrast of the feminine colours with the edgy design. It looks super cosy too.

I'm never out long enough to warrant a longer, more practical coat for the colder months, so something like this would be fine for quick dashes here and there.



I'm loving the latest Autumn/Winter bag collection from Coach. I 'm glad too, as the last few seasons have been a bit strange for them, in my opinion.

 I feel like they were trying too hard to be more fun and young with the floral applique designs. But I prefer the grown up look and for me the new collection is Coach at its best. Classic but cool.

There are some design updates too, with the 'Coach' metalware being replaced with a 'C'. Some of their crossbody options carry their carriage logo, giving the bags a heritage feel.

The Dalton 31 caught my eye because of the mixture of leather and canvas, as well as the roomy interior. It seems like a good choice for those days when you need to carry a little extra.


I've never really been a lipstick person. In fact, I've never really been a make up person. I think I'm so bored with my style (or lack of it) that I am exploring little changes that might not have been me a few years ago, but might be me now.

I use a Bobbi Brown tinted moisturiser that I love and so I decided that would be a sensible place to start to look for some lip colour. The crushed lip colour collection stood out to me as it's supposed to feel like a balm but look more pigmented. It seems like a good next step for someone who wants to graduate from a tinted balm but perhaps does not feel comfortable wearing a full lip of colour. Someone like me.

I was after a browney pink and 'Bare' seems like a good match. On the rare occassions where I have worn lipstick, I tend to feel most comfortable in colours close to my lip colour  or peachy colours. This seems like quite a natural, nude colour that could be worn everyday.

It might seem silly to suggest that a lipstick, and a demure colour at that, would make much of a statement. But I think if it's different for you, then it must be a change. And who said only bold forms of self expression are valid? If it's enough for you. Then it's enough. Only you can be the judge of that.

Comments

Popular Posts