My weekly wishlist - very fine jewellery indeed


Oh gosh. I’ve set my sights VERY high this week. Fine jewellery. Very fine jewellery indeed.

I don’t actually wear much, if any, jewellery most of the time. The occasional necklace, bangle or ring for a shindig. But I don’t have any essential, every day pieces that I wear all the time. 

The strange thing is I actually REALLY love jewellery. Jewellery, for me, is worth investing in. To me, I would rather put more of my money into accessories than clothes. I think the right pieces can lift your whole look as well as your mood. 

I want jewellery that's timeless but has subtle details that wink to the here and now. I want jewellery that tells a story and holds sentiment. Jewellery that can be handed down to sisters and daughters and nieces to continue to enjoy.

I guess I don’t have or wear much because it’s tough to find pieces that fulfil all of the above and don’t cost the earth.

Here are some pieces that do and that I have set my sights (and heart on).


This. I have been longing for this ring for some time now. I was thinking about what it was that drew me too it. 

I like that, although it is part of the instantly recognisable Camélia collection for Chanel, it's not a typical Chanel piece. 

The white agate and black onyx flowers add some edge whilst the subtle diamond 'leaves' add a touch of old school class. 

It's a versatile piece that can be worn as part of a variety of looks. I'm thinking rock chick or vintage glamour.

This ring is also very nostalgic for me. It reminds me of a pair of black enamel flower studs I owned in my early 20s. They cost about 0.001 per cent of the price of this ring, but I loved them and wore them to death. When I see this, it reminds me of that carefree and hopeful time. I was fresh out of university, figuring out what I wanted to do next and having fun with family and friends. Possibilities were endless. Good times were had.
 

My sister in law used to own a Gucci watch with a bamboo bangle as the strap, which I thought was stunning. It was a lovely piece of jewellery as well as a gorgeous time piece. 

I was reminded of that watch recently as I was trying to find some 'interesting looking' gold bangles online. I wondered, "wouldn't it be nice if Gucci did that bamboo bangle in precious metal". Turns out they do.

I can see alternate universe me (where I get everything I want) wearing this every day. It's the perfect blend of exotic and traditional. Width wise, it's not to thick and not too thin. Juuuust right.




I need a gold ring to go with a gold bangle, right? 

I think this is such an interesting piece. Never has a nail wrapped around your finger looked so elegant. It's tough but pretty. 

It comes in a single coil too, but that's a little too dainty for me. I'm not a fan of dainty jewellery. Probably because I don't have the dainty fingers or wrists to go with them. I love the double coil as it gives it a bit more substance. 

You can also get it without diamonds. But what's the point in owning something from Cartier if it doesn't have diamonds.  


Right, I've just convinced myself that I'm going to get all of these things. These weekly wishlists are dangerous. I start seriously entertaining the possibility of buying these things and rooting around the house to see what I can sell to raise the funds.  Hopelessly unrealistic, but one can dream!




Comments

Popular Posts